Well we finally made it to a Rangers baseball game. Cary's Mom was even feeling well enough to come with us. There have been several times that we have tossed the idea around but Friday night ended up being the best choice for us. I love the way Campbell is looking up at Cary in this picture as if she knows just how excited he is to be there. It was fun! I much prefer being at a game rather that watching it on the television. You get caught up in the excitement, atmosphere, and energy when you are actually sitting in the ballpark.
Somehow we even managed to get there early enough for the girls to play a few games before hand. Kaylee picked the hitting and slingshot game, while Campbell too tried the slingshot game and the pin the tail on Captain.On the way to the game we realized that this would be Campbell's very first major league baseball game! That was so hard for us to believe. Cary and I have been to games since moving from the metroplex but I suppose we have always gone with friends and left the girls at home. As I have stated before Campbell is not the sports lover in the family...she gets it from her mother. An example of this is just after the first pitch of the game had been thrown she turned to be and asked if it was time to go home yet. She said she wanted to go shopping;-) That is my girl! I think she only asked about five more times during the game if it was time to go home yet. Luckily there was so much going on around us she was preoccupied most of the time. Her favorite thing was to watch for the airplanes. She especially liked the ones pulling the banners behind them.
Kaylee on the other hand was thrilled to be at a Rangers game. I do not think that she stopped smiling most of the evening despite the lack of a breeze and the lightning storm we got to witness a little too close to my liking. Since she played softball this year she knows more about the game and can relate to the things that her Dad shares with her about what is going on throughout the game. She was really soaking it all in. I am so glad that she and Cary have this bond.
It was a great night to be at the ballpark! Other than the fact that I thought we were going to get rained on at any minute for the first two hours and Josh Hamilton was on the disabled list. We got to see Hank Blalock hit a home run and the Rangers achieved a shut out against the Dodgers with an ending score of 6-0. Since we were lucky enough to be there on a Friday night we got to
see a wonderful fireworks show. I think we had the best seats in the house because we had started walking toward the car and made it to the yellow tape across from the ballpark when the show started. It looked like the fireworks were coming right at us.
I lost count how many times the girls used the word "Awesome" to describe them. It was the perfect way to end the evening.
A picture of the whole crew.

No comments:
Post a Comment