Image Map

June 16, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Campbell Grace!

Well another year has passed as I sit here at the computer typing and wondering where the time has gone. My sweet baby is FOUR! There is something about four that seems so much older than three. Why is that? Is it because her face is looking less and less like a toddler and more like a big girl? Is it because she is my last baby? Or is it the independence that she likes to enforce daily that is making me feel less needed and yet so proud at the same time? I am thinking the answer is all of thee above.

Since Campbell's Birthday fell on a Tuesday this year it was packed full of activity with swim lessons, a movie with a friend, swimming with friends (hence the sunburn all of us girls are sporting), and of course Chuck E. Cheese. I do not think we could have crammed one more activity into the day. She had chosen Taco Bell for dinner but after some negotiating Kaylee talked her into Chuck E. Cheese. ( I am sure she was just thinking of Campbell.) We do not know why Campbell likes Taco Bell so much but if you ask her where she wants to go eat 9 times out of 10 she will shout out Taco Bell! Too funny!
In the end Chuck E. Cheese's turned out to be a very happening place on a Tuesday night. It was not very crowded but they were throwing out free tickets right and left, the girls danced with Chuck E. and got more free tickets, and there were even some new games for the girls to play. We ended up with over 500 tickets to cash in at the toy/junk counter so the girls were very pleased.
In this picture the girls are waiting for Chuck E. to tell them what to do for some more free tickets. (Traci, remember when Kaylee was so afraid of Chuck E.? I will never forget you telling me about her going with you, your Mom and Kylie. It still makes me laugh.)

After all the fun eating out we returned home for Campbell to make her
Birthday wish and blow out her candles as well as open presents. Can you tell someone is into My Little Pony right now?






She even got a My Little Pony game
for her new DS.










We are so blessed to have Campbell Grace in our family. Here are a few things that I love about her at age FOUR:

* She is a Momma's girl still.

* She loves her sister so much that she wakes her up each morning when she wakes up. (Poor Kaylee does not get to sleep in very often.)

*I love to listen to her role play with her Barbies, babies, or ponies. It takes me back to my childhood. She can play four hours just talking away to herself with these friends.

* She has named short sleeves "uppers" and long sleeves "downers". She prefers to wear a halter top or spaghetti straps over either of these. Do not ask me where she got the names from, I still do not know.) We think this is hilarious though.

* She loves to read books. That thrills me since I love to read when given the time.

* She has picked up a Southern accent from somewhere that really comes out when she says certain words and it is too cute!

* She cannot wait to be like Mommy and Kaylee and have darker hair. She asks me each day if her hair is darker yet?

* She has a strong-will which can make me proud and crazy at the same time. Yes, I know where it comes from;-)

I am going to close this post with a few pictures looking back through the years. We love you Campbell Grace and cannot wait to see all the amazing things that the next year will bring.






Campbell Grace born June 16, 2005 at 7lbs. 12 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long.















5 Months old















1 year old
















Campbell 2 years old and Kaylee at 5 years old













3 Years old











4 Years old

2 comments:

courtney said...

Happy Birthday to Campbell! After seeing all of the older pictures, she certainly does look grown up and like a big girl!

Whitney said...

Sweet girl... I love her hair in the french braids! Her party was a blast! Great job, Mom!