
Our FUN weekend started on Friday when Papa, Nana, and Great Papaw arrived at our house. The Easter surprises started right off the bat with two new movies for Kaylee. (The surprise for me was that Nana had come bearing food which meant not a lot of cooking for me.) We managed to enjoy each other that night and to rest up for the next days activities. Mom and I did run a few errands and get some Starbucks though:)
Saturday started with a leisurely breakfast which was nice. Then we were off and running to Kaylee's last soccer game. I have to say she was not really into the game this week. Her mind was mostly on the Easter Egg Hunt after the game. She did manage to get the ball towards the goal once but no goal this week. The game was over at 12:40pm and we were off and running to our church for the Easter Egg Hunt which started at 1:00pm. After a little quick change in the car into an Easter shirt and shorts in was time to grab the basket and hunt. My daughter did not want to pick up any old egg...she only wanted the ones that she liked. That's my girl!!
While all of this was going on Campbell was laid back in her stroller and eating her lunch or being held by Daddy or Papa. I am so glad she is a go with the flow kinda girl because we drug her all over the place today. What a Big First Easter for her. I promised her it would be more fun next year!
As soon as the hunt was over Kaylee went for a ride in the train type cars with her friend Reid who goes to church and school with her. (He was her "boyfriend" till last week when Chloe decided she wanted him to be her boyfriend. Such drama from 4 year olds!) Next we were off to the gym where they had set up a jump house and big blow-up slide. After about 40 minutes of that we convinced her to leave because we were thirsty and had not eaten lunch yet. As Papa and Nana were leaving the parking lot Kaylee realized she had two prize eggs so she took them inside to get her prizes. You would have thought she had won a million dollars.Today has consisted of pictures and surprises. Kaylee woke up to find the Easter Bunny (aka Papa & Nana) had left her a big girl bicycle. What a great Easter Bunny!! Campbell got a cute ride-on toy too courtesy of Nana & Papa Bunny. These are two very loved girls who are more blessed than they will ever know. I know that Cary and I have been given more blessings than ever imagined. Thank you, Lord! Of course, they both got other Easter treats too like candy, books, clothes, and stuffed bunnies. Next it was off to church to focus on the real meaning of this holiday. Kaylee told us about how Jesus died then rose to save us. I was pretty proud of her ability to grasp that much. Then we went back home for a delicious Easter lunch. Followed by an Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard and some good strawberry pie. Now Papa, Nana, and Great Papaw have left to return home for I am sure some much needed rest. We sure did enjoy their visit. Time seemed to pass so quickly. More pictures are posted on my flickr if you would like to see.
It has been a wonderful Easter!! I am so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again. Now we are able to witness miracles in our life each day and be forgiven when we do not notice them.

Happy Easter to all of our friends and family that are our blessings and miracles each day!! May we always realize the treasure we have in each of you. God bless you all!
8 comments:
Wow! I am so amazed that you already have pictures and everything posted! We are exhausted!
Kaylee and Campbell love adorable in their matching outfits! They are so pretty in their lavender Easter dresses, too!
Great family pic!
Looks like you had a great day!
The girls look adorable and their dresses are too cute!
Looks like you had a great Easter filled with lots of fun and family.
The girls do look cute. I think when I used to look at pictures of me and my brother in matching outfits I swore I would never do that to my children. But now it's one of my favorite things. I just think kids look so cute when the match. I am also very impressed with the stories and pictures already posted.
It sounds like you guys had a great Easter!!! The girls looked so cute all weekend.. I can't believe how big Campbell is getting :) It sounds like life in Abilene is great! I am so happy for you :)
I love the fact your girls had on matching clothes. I think that is so precious. You guys seem so happy in Abilene. I am so glad.
Okay, Erica, you know I'm DYING over all of those matching outfits!! I love it!!! They look adorable and I'm so glad to hear that you had such a good Easter weekend. Sounds like it was full of fun!
That family picture is SO good too. You all look so great and make such a perfect little family! I'm glad you're all doing so well in Abilene. We hope to get out that way in the next few weeks so we'll give you a call when we do!
We need to go shopping together! Love the dresses, love the bows, and love the I'm Yours t-shirts. Your girls are precious!
Post a Comment