After the game we came home to change and went to the Founder's Day celebration downtown. It was fun because most everything was for the kids.

There were some bounce houses, slides, and even a little combat type air mat. Kaylee made fast friends with a little boy who was also going on the slide so they raced each other up the stairs and down the huge slide a few times. Next it was on to lunch which consisted of sausage on a stick, foot long corndogs, and funnel cake. Delicious!! There was also a tent full of games for the kids. Kaylee mainly did the fishing game and I have to say got pretty good at casting her reel. Her favorite part was getting the frisbee as a prize.

Until she discovered the Barrel Train!! She just hopped right on board and loved riding all over the street. Cary and I realized how big she has gotten when she did not need our help getting onto the train car. She does still however need help getting off which made us feel a little more needed. I still sit and wonder where the past 4 years have gone.(I cannot think about it too long because it makes me so sad.)
Notice I have not mentioned Campbell because she had missed her morning nap and spent most of her time at Founder's day like this...
Bless her little heart she was so tired. The screaming, band playing, and train going by failed to wake her. After a little nap she was ready to eat and look around.
I am happy to say even though she still does not have much hair she will soon have two teeth. Yeah!! I was beginning to think my sweet girl would be toothless and hairless for her first birthday. So far Campbell is handeling the teething like a pro. I still cannot believe in two months she will be ONE!! ( Can't think about that either.)All in all the Beards had a great weekend!! Kaylee is looking forward to hunting Easter eggs and I am looking forward to another fun weekend coming up:)
8 comments:
I'm glad ya'll had fun! We didn't end up going out there until after 2:00, I figured ya'll had already left!
Kaitlyn LOVED the tiger slide as well. She did it over and over!
What a fun weekend!! Only in small town Texas can you find such family fun where the whole town comes! I'm glad y'all had a great weekend.
And, that little Campbell is PRECIOUS with her big smile in that picture! I can't believe she'l be ONE soon! Where is the time going?
That festival looks like so much fun! Two "assists" in soccer? I don't think Mary Alice knows anything about assists. She is too busy high fiving the other kids on the team, chasing the boys, or picking flowers to make a "salad". Honestly, I still don't think she understands the object of the game. Coach James must be doing an awesome job! My girl smiles really big, but hasn't a clue otherwise.
Where has the time gone??? I tell Mary Alice that she always has to be my girl and always has to live with me and remind her often that she will take care of me when I am old. It helps me to not be so sad if I pretend that she will never grow up. :(
Glad you guys had a fun weekend!
How many times have I told you that I love Kaylee's smile??
Campbell looks adorable as usual.
I wish you were here!
Your girls are too precious! Looks like y'all had a great weekend!
What a fun weekend! 0nly in Abilene! Your girls are so precious!
Hi Erica - We went to Dr. Blair's office today and saw a sweet picture of Kaylee and Campbell...I just had to read the blog to see what you all were up to lately. Looks like you all are having so much fun and enjoying the great little things in life like napping and smiling! :) We miss you all and are sending hugs your way!
Good to hear from you Holly. Keep the pictures of Wyatt coming. He is precious!! We miss the three of you too. Hope you have a great Easter:)
Post a Comment