I finally got to do something I have been wanting to do for a long time...I went to Super Suppers and had a blast! If you have never been you have to get a group of friends together and go. They have private parties and if you are the one who books the parties you could get your 12 meals free! I only bought the 6 meal deal but brought home enough food for 12 meals. Each entree feeds 6-8 people. All the food looks great. Since we booked a private party they even had treats for us. (The scones were incredible:) I think it was totally worth the money since I have 12 meals and do not have to worry about what to cook for about two weeks. That alone makes me happy.
Each week is getting easier for me around here. I have not blogged about this much because I have been trying to pray more and complain/feel sorry for myself less. Moving can be and has been very lonely at times but things are looking up. I really enjoyed meeting a lot more ladies from the class tonight and had a wonderful time! Slowly my weeks are filling up and I hope to be back to full speed by Summer with a group of fun girls to hang out with. It has been a challenge to go from knowing everyone to knowing no one, but one I am willing to tackle. (My heart will always miss my BFF and PC class.) Sometimes the Lord takes us out of our comfort zone to make us refocus. (Not a bad thing.) We do have a lot more family time, more time for the Lord, and a much slower pace around here were the goals.
On a different note Kaylee was telling me what she wanted for breakfast this morning and picked Lucky Charms. This is not an unusual thing but she said the reason she picked it was because of the "healthy seal on the side of the box". The seal on the side actually says "choose breakfast". I thought that was very observant and cute of her. That's my girl thinking Lucky Charms are healthy.
8 comments:
Moving can be hard; I'm glad you're trying to look for the positives! I'm sure you can find many new friends who will be fun to hang out with. You know what they say, "Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold!"
I have done this before. I went to the one in Round Rock that was featured in Southern Living a few months ago. I enjoyed it!
What a girl! I can't believe that she chose a "healthy seal" cereal. She makes me laugh.
Moving is hard. I hear ya. It is encouraging to see your positive attitude during this hard time. Thanks for the reminder.
One more thing... Have you guys found a church home yet?
Amber-
Yes, we are at Southern Hills. We have not placed membership yet but that is where we have attended consistently for the past few months. It was hard to break into our peer group but I think we just have to keep getting involved in all the opportunities that arise.
I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel more "at home." I don't think our move was initially very difficult at all since we moved to our home town. We see our family so much that I haven't really had time to feel "lonely." I see one or both of my parents almost every day and we hang out with Lane's brother and his kids (which are pefect playmates for Avery & Miller) all the time. But it's starting to hit me a little harder as I am feeling like I have lots of new superficial friends, but no "real" friendships yet. Also we are struggling with churches. There just aren't any great young groups here, so I feel like we are settling and might not develop any lasting friendships through the church over the next few years. Anyway, I totally understand your struggle and I am glad that things are getting better through prayer and positive thinking.
I'm glad ya'll are starting to feel more "at home" here. I have been praying for you so much! I'm jealous that you did Super Suppers. I'll have to tell James, he'll be proud.
I can't do lunch tomorrow, but we need to do it again VERY soon, okay?! :)
Erica-
If you haven't already, you need to meet some of our friends at Southern Hills, Kevin and Linda Christian. They are so sweet, some of our best friends from college. I know that they have a small group that meets at their house and a great group of friends that they hang out with. Glad to hear that you are finding a place where you belong. Love ya!
Post a Comment