Image Map

April 27, 2006

Trophy Time!!

Well Tuesday night was the official end of Kaylee's first soccer season. The BIG night had finally arrived! It was trophy time!! On game days were Kaylee was not into it we just had to say the word "trophy" and she was back in the game. Coach James and Leslie were so sweet and booked a room at MR.Gatti's for the awards and fun. (They also were kind enough to pay for each child's pizza and tokens.) Who wouldn't love pizza, games and trophys? The minute we walked in the door we heard,"KAYLEEEEEE!" Kaitlyn was so happy to see her friend and what a great greeting. When award time came Coach James was so sweet to say kind words about each girl and the personality that they brought to the team. (It really is a nice group of girls.) Kaitlyn had fun passing out all the trophys too. After trophy and food time it was off to play games. Since I was taking care of Campbell and Cary was getting more pizza Kaylee asked one of the other Dad's to take her to play games. I had to laugh, you just never know with that girl. Of course, Cary returned in a minute and went to play the games with her. I think Kaylee's second favorite time of the night was getting to cash in her tickets from the games and get three prizes. We all had a great time and look forward to another season! (I asked Kaylee if she wanted to play in the fall and she said,"I just want to spend some time with my family." After I explained that fall was a long time away she said she would probably be ready by then. My funny girl:) I treasure that moment so much because I know that one day she will want time away from her parents. I am glad that day is not today.

"MOM, I don't have time for this right now."

Kaylee with her friend Kaitlyn.

Kaylee with her favorite Coach, Coach James.

5 comments:

leslie said...

So sweet! Those are really cute pictures. I hope Kaylee decides she wants to play again!

hollyfouts said...

I love the first picture. She looks so grown up and WAY too cool for this "trophy business."

Alyssa said...

What a great first team experience she had! That's so great! I am also so jealous of the Perini Ranch night... this time of year in Abilene is my favorite, I think. I love outdoor evenings like that! I miss you!

courtney said...

Too cute! Landry has been HOUNDING us with wanting to play soccer!! She hasn't been on a team yet, but really wants to. Jeff walks her around the neighborhood everyday when he gets home from work and she takes her hot pink soccer ball with her and kicks it around the whole block.

I need to get on the "ball" and find a team for her to play on!

Traci said...

I have seen that Kaylee look a thousand times and I miss them soooo much! I love the little things that she gets excited about. I can just hear her telling me that she didn't have the time!!