Lately Kaylee has tried to think of every excuse in the book to get out of her bed at night. Here is the Top Ten List:
10. "The books are boring and I need some new ones to make me go to sleep faster."
9. "There are too many things going on in my head to sleep."
8. "Shark Boy, Lava Girl, and Max won't stop talking to me!" (they have lived with us since last Summer when she saw the movie...good imagination.)
7. "Shark Boy, Lava Girl, and Max are spreading jelly all over my walls."
6. "I think I need to go to the bathroom." (This comment happens on her second trip to the potty.)
5. "I am itchy on my back and need some lotion."
4. "When I close my eyes it is dark." (Can't argue with that.)
3. "My tummy keeps telling me it is thirsty." (When her first cup of juice is empty prompting comment #6.)
2. "My head tells me I am tired but my body just won't listen!" (This is after catching her standing on the headboard of her bed.)
1. "My pants on the floor are scaring me. I am afraid they are going to jump up and start dancing around the room."
Cary and Kaylee had a conversation on the way to school the other day about #8 that went something like this...
Kaylee, "Daddy I am sorry I kept you up last night." Cary, "That's okay Kaylee...I think it is time for Shark Boy, Lava Girl and Max to find another home if they cannot let you sleep at night." Kaylee, "I do not think so." Cary, "Maybe they need to sleep in the shed." Kaylee, "Then I will sleep in the shed too." Cary,"Okay." After a short silence Kaylee says, "I do not think I want to sleep in the shed." Cary, "Okay."
I would love to hear some of your favorite stalling tactics from your kiddos! Have a great day!!
11 comments:
1. The bugs outside my window are keeping me awake.
2. The storm is waking me up. (when it is not even sprinkling)
3. I don't think I like this nightgown anymore.
4. I just wanted to cuddle a little bit. (Hard to get mad at that!)
5. I have a bad cough. (fake coughs)
I could go on forever!
1. The water heater is making too much noise.
2. I'm wet. Someday she'll get potty trained. I promise.
3. I'm just so thirsty.
4. I just want you to tell me about your day and Daddy's day.
5. I need a flashlight.
Nightime is usually a humorous experience.
Kendyll doesn't think as NEARLY as creative as your kiddos! And, I'm not going to tell her any of these ideas either! She usually either says that she lost her pink elephant (when it is really under her pillow...um, wonder who hid it there!) or she says she just wanted to tell us what she wanted for breakfast. Sometimes she says that she didn't mean to call us in there, she just thought she heard Carlie crying. These kids...what are we gonna do with them!
That Kaylee is too funny- and super creative!! She talks like such a little adult.
Mary Alice is quiet in her bed if and only if we make sure...
1) her blanket is straight
2) her two dolls are in bed
3) We haven't forgotten to pray for a brother or sister and for her to not have bad dreams
4) We tell her she can "look at the ceiling" for a while.
I don't know if Mary Alice is much of a creative thinker when it comes to bedtime.
Sam has never fought going to sleep, so I will probably have to wait for Seth (who has hated to go to bed since he was a newborn) to come up with some creative answers for me! Sam does pull the "I have to go potty" thing now though, which goes along with "I need more juice" and "Now I can't find Dee (blue bear)."
We have been lucky...Sam has loved to sleep for the most part. He was playing in his room yesterday afternoon and came and told Kevin, "Daddy, I am just gonna have to take a nap RIGHT now!" And he crawled in his bed and did just that! I told you, he is a good little sleeper.
Well, in reference to your #3, Gracie will say, "There's a monster in my tummy!" This means that she is still hungry and wants something else to eat, usually a cookie! So this is not a stalling stactic for bed but for getting another cookie!
Landry says "My bed isn't very comfty (yes, "comfty") tonight."
During the conversation about Shark Boy, Lava Girl, and Max, I told Kaylee that I can kick them out of the house if I want to because it's my house. Kaylee's comment..."No you can't, it's Mommy's house."
A few more of her favorite excuses...
1. I can't find my "lovie." Of course, it's usually under her pillow or in the crack next to her wall.
2. I need more books (she only has 15).
3. I need one more animal in my bed (she already has 43).
4. You didn't cuddle me up snug as a bug in a rug.
5. I need to give Mommy a kiss and a hug (of course, she already did...at least once).
How sweet! Kaylee and Matthew would get along great! He has had a few whoppers over the years!
Cary -- are you going to start a blog now too??????
Hilarious!!! Oh my goodness, I can't wait to hear some of the excuses I'm sure Grey will come up with. Those are too funny!! :)
Post a Comment