Image Map

April 23, 2006

Well this weekend was full of college friends and family fun! It all started on Friday night when we went to Perini Ranch with some sweet college friends and their children. The evening was perfect for eating out in the country. Our table was next to a screen door that lead outside so it was perfect for the kids to run and play before the food arrived. We actually got in some adult conversation since the kids were entertained outside. Afterwards we went to their house to visit some more and let the kids play.

Saturday we slept in since we were out late the night before. After my sweet husband fixed french toast for breakfast we went to run errands. We did not get as much accomplished as I would have liked but lunch called. Next we decided to go to the zoo. The zoo here is small but good. You cannot beat a year long family pass for $35 and it only being about 8 minutes from the house. There is a great park next to the zoo also. Kaylee loved the monkeys and the giraffes. The giraffes can reach up to the bridge so you can feed them food. Campbell finally crashed in the stroller about half way through the zoo. I forgot the camera but I am sure many trips are in our future. Also I got Kaylee signed up for zoo camp. How fun is that?

Today we went to church and ate a great lunch at Johnny Carinos with some other college friends. Then I took a brief nap and Cary spent all afternoon into the evening cleaning up the garage and putting Christmas decorations in the attic. I think he was tired of Christmas by the time he was done. Thanks for all your hard work Dear:)

Well I am off to get stuff together for tomorrow. It is a MOPS day!

4 comments:

Traci said...

I'm so glad that you and your friends had a good time. I thought about you alot this weekend. I miss having a neighbor to keep my cabinet stocked with green chilis and cream of chicken soup. Why did I take you for granted????

When we come to see you can we all go to the zoo? Sounds like fun!!

courtney said...

My mouth literally watered when I read "Perini". Man, I miss Abilene!

Erica said...

Traci-
I think it is the old saying, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone". However I will never be gone from your life just your neighborhood.

Come on anytime...we can definitely go to the zoo!! I miss you. Love ya!

elizabeth said...

Perini does sound great. I have their cookbook and love it!

Lately, I have been CRAVING Judy's Gathering Place in Buffalo Gap. Have you ever been there? It might just be called The Gathering Place now. We used to go there all the time as kids and Judy would make us go to the kitchen and serve the drinks to our parents. We thought that was SO COOL!

I was talking to my brother this weekend about that and asked him if he thought I was crazy to drive 3 hours to Abilene, eat at Judy's, and drive home?!