Image Map

July 6, 2006

Reunion & Home

After a very long trip visiting Cary's Mom"s side of the family we are HOME!! (Well all except for Kaylee who went to Nana and Papa's for a few days of spoiling.) We went to a family reunion and lets just say I have every tumbleweed, mesquite bush, and Dairy Queen memorized. It was good to visit with Cary's grandmother and great- grandmother along with his 7 other aunts and uncle along with their families. There was a lot of eating, visiting, picture taking, and card playing during the 3 days we were there. It is always nice to catch up if only for a little bit. I tried to post pictures but blogger was not cooperating.

Here are a few tidbits from the trip:

1. While we were driving through Clarendon we wondered where our friends from Dallas were staying. Right as we were driving by the only decent hotel (unless you count the It'll Do Motel) in town we saw the Ownbys coming out of the hotel they were staying in for their family reunion. What are the odds? God must have known that I really needed to see my friends and get some hugs if only for a moment.

2. Campbell did not sleep much at all on the trip. (Let's just say my daughter loves her bed and sleeping without her parents and sister in the room.) Since we have been back she has slept about 19 of the 24 hours in a day. I think someone is tired.

3. Cary had to drive his Mom to the emergency room due to infected ant bites which the EMT thought were spider bites at first. She is okay now.

4. When you have ten children it makes for a huge family reunion.

5. Dary Queen is the slowest restaurant in Aspermont, well I think it is the only restaurant in Aspermont.

6. With a DVD player in the car and Landrea (Cary's sweet baby sister) a 12 hour round trip is bearable.

7. We finally got to meet our new neice Chenna...who already seemed so big to me at 4 months. Kaylee had a great time playing with her cousins too.

We were driving back on the Fourth so no exciting plans for us. The girls barely ate they were so tired and went straight to bed. There really is no place like HOME after a trip. Of course now I am doing laundry and putting things away.

Blogger finally let me post one picture from the weekend.

5 comments:

Traci said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time! Also that you got to see Honey! You must have been really excited.

I have been counting the hours of your return. Now I am counting the hours until we leave. Who's gonna watch our house and feed Boo Boo Kitty??

Alyssa said...

Family trips are always so fun and SO exhausting! Enjoy recuperating!

courtney said...

Glad you had a fun and safe trip.

Dumb question....is it really called the "It'll Do" Motel?

Erica said...

Yes Courtney sadly it is the real name. You would want to srtay there right?

courtney said...

Ha! That's hilarious! They might as well call it the "Keep Driving, This Place Stinks" Motel.