On Friday night we finally got to have Kaylee's Birthday Party! She wanted to have a few close friends spend the night and last weekend worked with everyone's schedules so there you have it. Kaylee is at such an easy age when it comes to parties. I gave her several options for the evening and she decided to go with the pizza, movie, and crafting option.
All the girls arrived at 6:00pm and we had pizza first followed by a lot of laughter in Kaylee's room. Girl giggles take me back to the slumber parties of my youth, so fun.

Next we opened presents and ate some of the cute cake we happened upon at our local grocery store. Kaylee was going to pick out cupcakes but this cake quickly changed her mind. It had blue flowers and since blue is her favorite color she was so excited. I have to say I was very impressed with how well Kaylee's friends know her which was reflected in their gifts. One friend gave her a Texas Rangers necklace. Another friend had a bag filled with cookbooks, cookie mix, an apron, and her own recipe organizer. Lastly was a friendship bracelet kit. It really touched me that they took the time to pick out something specific for Kaylee.
After the cake I took the girls to see Arthur Christmas and we really enjoyed the movie. I was a little worried they would think it was too childish but they loved it! If you have a chance I would recommend going to see it.
Once the movie was over I gave the girls the option of looking at Christmas lights or making jewelry at home and they chose the jewelry. While I was cleaning up they watched a movie in the playroom and crafted away.
I think they all finally went to sleep around 3:00am. I love these girls and their sweet families so much! It is such a blessing that Kaylee has some amazing friends in her life who are always happy to celebrate with her. Thanks Abbie, Chloe, and Anna for making Kaylee's Birthday extra special.
No comments:
Post a Comment