Image Map

December 19, 2011

Kaylee's 4th Grade Christmas Party


I also got to attend Kaylee's 4th grade Christmas Party today. Luckily hers was a few hours after Campbell's so there was no overlapping.
I walked into Kaylee's classroom and could immediately tell I was not at the Elementary campus anymore. No Christmas art projects decorating the room. No Christmas music playing in the background. No kids dressed in their holiday clothing to celebrate. I am not sure I like all of those changes. I am still wanting to hang on to my sweet baby. Oh well! I suppose I will learn to adapt but I am not going to pretend to like it;-)
Once I entered the room I put down my veggie tray, that's right I said veggie tray. I had to search the room for Kaylee because the tables were all mixed up and I was not sure where to look with all the students and parents in the room. After a few seconds I found her. I love my girl and her smiling face.
After all the students took turns getting a plate buffet style they returned to their seats to talk. I do remember that being a treat on party days since you have to be quiet all day long.
Next they decorated some ornaments with gold glitter and then returned to their seats to talk a little more and eat a little more.
I loved being there and seeing how Kaylee is with her school friends. Speaking of which here is Kaylee with her best bud Reid.
This is a picture of the whole class. This was obviously the silly picture, my more serious one did not turn out well. I think the silly picture captured their personalities well though. In the end I am just glad Kaylee still wants me to be at her school parties and is not too embarrassed to hug me in front of her friends. I get to walk away thankful for the memories.

1 comment:

courtney said...

i've been catching up on your blog, too! glad to see you're catching up as well! i've still been reading all of the blogs i always read--just haven't made time before now to update my own!

your girls are growing so fast and are so pretty! love seeing what they're up to!

merry christmas to y'all!!