Image Map

December 22, 2011

Our Christmas Family Tradition

Last night we did our annual tradition of going to Christmas Lane, seeing Santa, looking at lights around town, and opening our presents to each other. I love our little tradition and look forward to it each year. Things are much calmer than Christmas morning and we actually get to pause a moment and play with the gifts.
You can tell from the following two pictures that we live in west, the home of football. I thought the decorations were kinda funny.

This picture of Santa and his reindeer is one of my favorite displays at Christmas Lane. I think because it reminds me some of the older Christmas drawings in books.
I also had to chuckle at poor Santa who had a little bit of an accident on his Harley. One of the many reasons I do not want Cary on a motorcycle.
I loved this Santa with his real beard and jolly chuckle. He had a very kind voice and you could not help but smile when he looked your way. The girls were pretty excited to talk to him but a little unsure of what to ask for this year. Little do they know it might be too late for any surprises since Santa has fulfilled their order already.
My sweet girls with their Christmas present from three years ago. That is hard to believe! I love those precious faces.
Campbell has been ready to open presents for weeks now and has tried every day to get us to open just one present. If I had a dollar for every time she asked to open them I would be very rich. You can imagine her excitement when the time to open was finally here.
Kaylee got a baseball necklace from Campbell with a scripture on the back, a baseball book from us, and a Wii game from us.
Campbell got a necklace and earrings from Kaylee, a styling chair for her American Girl doll from us, and a Barbie Squinkies playset from us.
We got to have fun as a family and everyone was pleased with their gifts. Sweet memories of Christmas and another To-Do checked off the list before the Big Day!

No comments: