Well not much going on around here since my last post. Cary took Kaylee to the Wylie football game on Friday night for a little daddy/daughter time. You would have thought that Kaylee was going to Disney World with the smile she had on her face. She could not wait to get in the car. All I heard about when they got home was about the boys running with the ball and the cheerleaders. They had a great time and it made her night when they got Skittles at the concession stand. Which they waited in line for 30 minutes for. What a Daddy won't do for his daughter.
My parents and grandfather came in town on Saturday to watch the girls while we had our special yearly night out with some of our dearest friends. The date consisted of a comedy act which was quite humorous. I do not know which was better the caveman jokes or watching Mark and Cary laugh hysterically. Then we went for a delicious dinner at III Forks. They have absolutely the best food hands down...too bad it is not affordable enough to eat there more than once a year. Oh well it gives me something to look forward to and I have not been disappointed yet.
My Mom, Kaylee, and I did have time to squeeze in some shopping at the Happy Hollydays bazaar. We are women after all! It is the best to find so many unique things under one roof. It is even better when Mom buys. Thanks again Mom! We did most of our shopping at my friend Chelsea's booth. She is so talented! The Lord did not bless me with the sewing gene but at least I am surrounded by several friends who did and can help me. Mom did manage to get a little Christmas shopping out of the way and Kaylee was a real champ. After the shopping we went to a little tea room in Wylie to eat lunch. Kaylee sat there like a little lady. When did she get so big? The funniest thing was when my mom was sharing her salad with Kaylee and she was actually eating the lettuce with lots of ranch dressing. Some of the lettuce leaves looked like leaves from a tree so Kaylee says, "Do leaves fall from the trees and turn into lettuce?" My Mom and I laughed to ourselves and I tried to explain where they come from but I think I only confused Kaylee.
All in all it was another busy but great weekend. Most of all I enjoyed watching my grandfather with the girls. So many special memories. I hope to be able to play with my great grandchildren one day.
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I love going shopping with my mom too. Kaylee is getting so big... love the lettuce comment :)
What a fun weekend! You sat in a tea room PLEASANTLY with Kaylee? I would end up buying everything in the entire store b/c it would all be broken if I went with Kaitlyn. Hopefully by the time she is Kaylee's age, she will calm down a little.
How fun that she has her great-grandfather. She is a lucky girl.
I'm so glad that y'all came to see me at Hyer! It was such a fun surprise to see familiar faces. And, I think I sold more to your mom than I did to anyone all day long!
I'm glad you guys had a good weekend together. Kaylee is such a little lady. I love watching her at school---she is always so helpful and so sweet!
Post a Comment