Well today is school picture day! Kaylee was already practicing her cheesy smile before she left this morning. I let her choose her outfit to wear last night and I have to say it just screams school to me. What is better than plaid and argile? Of course we had to discuss that whole question as to why we have to take school pictures, which is just part of my curious little girl. I got a little teary this morning thinking about how big she is already and all the time that has gone by. Kaylee must have noticed because she touched my cheek and said,"It's okay Mom, I am not in high school yet." I thought to myself no you are not but you will be before we know it. For now I am just going to enjoy each day and pray time slows down a little.Also Kaylee got her flu shot this week. She cried part of the way to the doctor's office and when the nurse walked into the room. Which triggered Campbell to start crying too. What fun! I agreed to get my shot first so Kaylee could see that it was not that bad. She smiled and told me I did a great job! However, it did not help because the minute we pulled her pants down to show her thigh for the shot she started trying to pull them back up. This reminded me of just how strong my little girl is. After I got a good grip on her hands the nurse gave the shot and the crying stopped. ( from Kaylee anyway, Campbell was still losing it!) The nurse gave her a sucker and our trip was complete with a smile on Kaylee's face. As we were getting off the elevator she looked up at me and said, "I am sorry I cried Mom , it didn't hurt...that shot just FREAKED me out!" Where does she get this stuff?
2 comments:
Kaylee looked SO cute this morning! I love that smile! Be thankful that she wasn't the one that threw up in the car this morning!
You are reminding me that I need to go take my boys for their flu shots soon (and maybe get one for myself too!).
Kaylee looked so cute in her outfit -- a sweet school girl!
Post a Comment