My sweet Kaylee loves life to the fullest each and every day. We have the best conversations! I am just going to highlight a few from this past week. On Sunday night she fell and cut her knee pretty badly so we were doctoring it while singing Jesus Loves Me to mask the pain. After we were done I said "I am so sorry you hurt your knee." Kaylee says, "That is okay Mom Jesus will heal it!" We have so much to learn from our children.Then on Friday night we were sitting on the floor hugging each other and I went to give her a kiss on the lips and she wiped it off with her hand and touched her heart. I asked her why she wiped my kiss away. She said,"Mom, I have to put it on my heart because that is where all the kisses go. Then I can make more for my whole family."
Now it is Saturday and Kaylee came in our bedroom to wake me up. Of course, I was already awake but trying to catch 10-15 more minutes of sleep. Cary told her not to wake me so in her quietest whisper she said, "Mom, Mom...I love you...I love you Mom." I did not want to ruin the sweet moment so I just smiled and enjoyed. (What is it about a childs whisper that is so sweet? Is it because we do not hear it very often except when at the library?) Later when she and Cary brought me breakfast in bed. (My husband makes the best french toast!) I got in trouble with Kaylee for not saying I loved her back earlier so I made up for it then.
Thank you Cary for the great breakfast and for trying to make time for us whenever you can with the October 15th tax deadline hanging over your head at work. We love and appreciate you more than you know.
Two more quick thoughts from Kaylee. She told me this morning that she told Santa she wanted a computer for Christmas. I asked how she told Santa since he is not at the mall yet. She just pointed to the ceiling. Evidently, according to Kaylee Santa lives in heaven with Jesus and watches over all the children and makes presents at the same time. What happened to the North Pole?
Next she gave me a quote I need to thank Mrs. Tiffany for "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." I love it! and evidently so does she because I have heard it several times today. She explained that you get whatever sticker you are given and you do not complain about it. They do listen to you Mrs. Tiffany and they love you too!!
I hope you are all having a great weekend!!
1 comment:
I have to add one thing to Erica's story. We definitely never know what Kaylee is going to say.
This morning, while I was cooking the French toast, I had some necessary items spread out on the kitchen counter -- flour, oil, milk, powdered sugar, syrup, etc. Kaylee walked into the kitchen, and in her most serious voice, she says, "Dad, you better clean up your mess mister!!"
You think she's heard something like that before??
What a joy our children are!!
Post a Comment