Well Kaylee's world for the past few months has been all about Lava girl, Shark boy, and Max. Ever since my Mom took her to see the movie in 3-D at the theater after Campbell was born (twice) we have not been able to escape from them. (I would have paid a lot of money to see both my parents in 3-D glasses at the movie with her.) According to Kaylee Lava girl, Shark boy, and Max go in the car with us, to the mall, grocery store, etc... She has even told me on more than one occasion that she could not go to sleep during her nap time because they were keeping her awake by talking too much. How do you compete with that? They were wearing me out and I had not even seen the movie yet. All of this to say that a week ago my parents sent her the movie since it is out on video. I will give you just one guess what we are watching every day at some point now. I have to admit it is not a bad movie just a little tiring after watching it 5 times in a day. ( That was only the first day after it arrived, now we are down to one time a day.) Her imagination seems to run wild with this movie and I have to say it is funny at times. However, she decided she wanted to be Lava Girl for Halloween but there are no costumes to be found. (Talk about a movie execs missing out on a great market before Halloween.) Try to reason with a three year old about picking a Princess over an action hero (in her eyes anyway). We will have to wait and see what wins the debate in weeks to come. It is unfortunate for her that she does not have a mother who has a sewing talent like several of my dear friends. What I would come up with would be a good laugh but I think I will leave the creativity to someone else.
October 5, 2005
Where is Lava Girl?
Well Kaylee's world for the past few months has been all about Lava girl, Shark boy, and Max. Ever since my Mom took her to see the movie in 3-D at the theater after Campbell was born (twice) we have not been able to escape from them. (I would have paid a lot of money to see both my parents in 3-D glasses at the movie with her.) According to Kaylee Lava girl, Shark boy, and Max go in the car with us, to the mall, grocery store, etc... She has even told me on more than one occasion that she could not go to sleep during her nap time because they were keeping her awake by talking too much. How do you compete with that? They were wearing me out and I had not even seen the movie yet. All of this to say that a week ago my parents sent her the movie since it is out on video. I will give you just one guess what we are watching every day at some point now. I have to admit it is not a bad movie just a little tiring after watching it 5 times in a day. ( That was only the first day after it arrived, now we are down to one time a day.) Her imagination seems to run wild with this movie and I have to say it is funny at times. However, she decided she wanted to be Lava Girl for Halloween but there are no costumes to be found. (Talk about a movie execs missing out on a great market before Halloween.) Try to reason with a three year old about picking a Princess over an action hero (in her eyes anyway). We will have to wait and see what wins the debate in weeks to come. It is unfortunate for her that she does not have a mother who has a sewing talent like several of my dear friends. What I would come up with would be a good laugh but I think I will leave the creativity to someone else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kaylee is so passionate when she talks about the movie. Her mind is so creative!! I love how she looks in the glasses. I could have sworn that she blamed sharkboy for her knee the other day!!!
How cute! I love the photo of Cary with the girls....precious.
Erica,
We are missing out on the Lava Girl fun. We have got to see that movie. I'm sure Kendyll would love it if Kaylee does!
Well, good luck with the halloween costume. I finally convinced Kendyll to be something other than Mary Poppins....talk about a costume dilemma. She would look like an old lady!!
Our girls make me laugh....and the pictures of Campbell are precious too, by the way!!
Post a Comment