Image Map

January 5, 2006

AMAZING!!! Hook'em Horns!!

What a game!! Amazing is the best word I could think of to describe the performance. I do not watch very much football (however I am a big UT fan) but this was probably the best game I have ever watched and it was not just because Matthew McConaughey was on the sidelines. Althought that did get my attention a little more:) (I am sure my fellow friends understand the obsession.) It was amazing to watch Mac Brown and Vince Young stay so calm and level-headed throughout the game. The best part was watching my husband try to not scream because Campbell was asleep. I thought he was going to burst with some of the facial expressions he made. It was a well deserved and earned victory! It has been nice to see the media finally giving TEXAS some respect today. Go Longhorns!!!

One of the other highlights was having the Mayos over to watch the game. It was great to be able to talk with someone who is familiar with the same friends and can relate. It was like having a piece of "home". I am looking forward to getting to know them even better now that we are living so close. Kaitlyn is a doll and Kaylee had a great time with her. I see more playdates in their future and maybe even a few double dates with James and Leslie. Of course they may stay away from us for a while since we kept them up so late:)

What a night...TEXAS Longhorns winning a Nation Championship and Matthew McConaughey:) YEAH!!! It just doesn't get any better than that!

4 comments:

leslie said...

Okay, Erica - you beat me to posting this morning. We had a fabulous time last night!! Kaitlyn loved playing with Kaylee, we will definitely have to do that more.
Ya'll are an awesome family and we look forward to many more fun times together!

Traci said...

Ah, man! I would have watched it if I knew that Matthew was going to be there!! Glad y'all had a great time!

mcjacobsjournal said...

I'm with Traci! I, unfortunately could care less about any UT game, but if I had known I could look at Matthew for that many hours, I would have watched for sure! He's definitely one of my favorites...

I'm so glad that y'all had a great time with old friends...that does always seem to make it all more fun!!

Alyssa said...

I am so glad that you guys were able to get together and enjoy an awesome game!!!! I am sure that it is fun to see old friends who have just gone through the same things you are going through :) We miss you, both :)