This has been a long week for many reasons and it is only Thursday. Sunday started with me and Campbell continuing to be sick. Campbell got antibiotics on Monday for her ears and runny eyes. I chose to wait out my sickness and "will" it away as most Moms tend to do since we do not take time off to take care of ourselves. I am finally starting to feel a little better and have a moment to slow down when in comes a curve ball. I woke Campbell from her morning nap to get her dressed and fed so we could go pick Kaylee up from school and she felt like she was on "FIRE". I proceeded to try to remain calm and take her temperature with the temporal scanning thermometer which showed a temp of 102.5*F. I proceeded to try the old fashioned method which is said to be more accurate thinking the forehead calculation had to be wrong... well the new temp was 103.5*F which is freak out mode for me when my baby is only 7 months old. I would have been calmer had we not been in a new town with a new doctor and had she not been on an antiobotic and still running that high of a fever, I think. I, of course, called Cary crying a bit partially because I was scared and partially because I am emotional when sick. After getting in touch with the doctor's office they said the nurse would call back but I decided not to wait and just went to the office. They were very nice and worked me in probably thinking I was a "spaz" but who cares at this point. By the time we saw the doctor which was not too long the temperature had gone down from the Tylenol I gave her an hour before. They tested for the flu and it was negative so they are thinking it is just a virus. Please pray that Campbell feels better and I do not have to call the doctor in the morning to tell him she still has a high fever. Also pray we are not starting a trend with two doctor's visits in 4 days.
On a happier note Kaylee's second day of school went GREAT! Cary said she did not want his help when he dropped her off this morning and that she put her things away like she had been there all year. She was excited because they had her name on her cube and hook for her backpack today! The little things that please a child...isn't it wonderful! We get to decorate a placemat for her to use at lunch over the weekend. She also made a friend named Keaton, I think it is her teacher's daughter. So Kaylee is off and running!! Thank you Lord for her good week and sweet heart!
7 comments:
Glad that Kaylee is doing well at school. Highland is a great church!
I will never forget Christmas Day when Thomas had just turned one. He acted strange most of the morning and when we took his temperature, it was 104. We ended up spending the holiday in the ER!
I will never forget that panicked feeling. I hope your little one is feeling better!
I am glad that you guys are starting to adjust to life in Abilene. I thought of you tonight. Josh made a quick trip to A-town to talk with an interior decorator about his office. (His first inclination was actually to do the decorating himself, but luckily, I talked him out of that little idea). Anyway- I was thinking about you and decided to see what you guys were up to. So sorry to hear that Campbell is sick. That is a scary thing. Mary Alice used to get really high fevers like that nearly every time she got sick. Scared me to death! Hoping that you can stay well. Take care of yourself! Love you guys!
I'm so sorry! Let me know if you need anything! I'll keep sweet Campbell in my prayers...
I'm SO glad Kaylee is enjoying school. I'm sure that was a relief for you!
I am sure that was so scary! Especially in a new place- I hope that little Campbell gets better soon- and I am so glad that Kaylee likes school. I have heard great things about it :) We miss you!
Erica,
Found your blog off Elizabeth's. Sorry about Campbell's fever. She may be a high-fever kid. The first time Brianna was sick, she was 6 months old and ran 103.5 at 3:00 a.m. Thank God for nice pediatricians! I didn't hesitate to call. She has run high fevers ever since and now it doesn't faze me near as much (Of course, she is almost 10!)
Mark and I went by Cary's office over Christmas - it is real close to my Granny's house. The office is neat and the people seem very sweet. We almost came to see you, but were very pressed for time.
Hope all is well there soon.
Carrie Driskill
Oh, poor Campbell...and poor Mommy!! I hope you are all feeling better. Nothing is scarier than a little one with a high fever. Your mind starts racing of all the things "it might be"....
On another note, I am both happy and sad to hear about Kaylee's fun at school. We miss seeing her smiling face SO MUCH! Kendyll asked on Tuesday why Kaylee hasn't come back yet! She misses her sweet friend. But, I'm so glad to hear that Kaylee is making a whole other group of kids and teachers fall in love with her and her sweetness!!
I hate that you have bee going through all of this. I'm so sorry I didn't call you back on Tursday. Give Campbell a kiss for me and I wish I was there to help you out. I will see you very soon though. I have really missed you this week and for the first time it's starting to set in that you are not coming back from "vacation" I think I've been trying to pretend that in my mind. I'm proud of Kaylee and how well she is doing in school. I miss you all.
Post a Comment