Image Map

January 27, 2006

A great Thursday and Weekend ahead!

Well Kaylee had a super day yesterday according to her. She got to do all of her favorite things! First of all it was Cowboy/Cowgirl day at school and they got to ride the white horses that are associated with Hardin Simmons University. Kaylee could not wait...we have heard about it for a week now. She said that she did the best riding the horse because she had practiced at her friend Chloe's party in Sachse last year.(For my friends in Dallas you all live in Sachse according to Kaylee.) Then they got to eat hot dogs and have trail mix which are two other favorites. They made stick horses and huge cowboy hats. When she got in the car she had both things with her. In a few minutes I heard her say,"It's okay Campbell it is still sister I am just dressed different than usual. Can't you hear my voice...it has not changed it is still sister." I asked what Campbell was doing and she said that Campbell was just looking at her and not smiling like she usually does so she wanted to make sure Campbell knew it was her. (How cute!)
After a good nap she and Daddy were off to soccer practice with her new blue soccer ball. (I stayed home with Campbell since it was cold out and we were both just starting to get well.) We saw the shirt in the picture at Wal-Mart last week and she had to have it. She thanked me before practice for buying her the "Best shirt ever". Cary said that the practice went well and Kaylee is continuing to make progress. Not the play by play I would have given but oh well.
Today she is waiting for her Great Papaw, Papa, and Nana to come visit tomorrow. She is so excited that they are coming to see the new house, her room, and to have a sleep over! I am excited too.

Now on to "little Miss Thang". Campbell is feeling much better this week as you can see in the picture. She does know how to smile for those of you that have doubts. I think she got well just in time to start teething because she is constantly drooling and putting anything she can reach in her mouth. We have had some interesting sleeping patterns too. I had forgotten how much fun teething is, of course Kaylee already had teeth and was crawling at this age. I suppose Campbell just wants to take her time which is fine with me. I am just soaking up each day because they grow up so quickly. Speaking of growing my baby will not get to wear this outfit again because it is a 9 month size and she is wearing a 12 month size now, especially if it is a one piece outfit. My sweet long girl! I am really sad to have to give up a few of them because they are just so sweet. I am even more sad that it is January and already all the Spring clothes are out so it is hard to find anything for her here in Abilene. Now if I was still in Dallas I could do some real damage with the wallet and the sale racks:) Oh well! Maybe by next week Campbell will be crawling since she had been scooting backwards for two weeks. I have to admit I am a little glad the next stage has not started yet.

Well as I mentioned above my parents and grandfather are coming this weekend to celebrate my birthday a little early. I just love birthdays and especially mine. It is nice to be fussed over a little bit even in your thirties! I am off now to clean before they arrive tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Please pray for Seth(9 months old) who is in the hospital fighting a severe cold and having to have oxygen and breathing treatments. Say a prayer for his sweet parents Kevin and Kristen too.

5 comments:

Traci said...

Love the picture of Campbell smiling! I wanna hold her!! I bet she will be crawling soon, too. She is growing up too fast!

Speaking of growing up fast, Kaylee has some great words of knowledge for little Campbell. So smart! Campbell is lucky to have such a sweet, smart, caring older sis! She also looks very pretty and is glowing in her soccer shirt! I can tell that soccer is really making her happy! I miss her! Oh, and you, too. :)

Hope you have a great birthday weekend with your family. Tell them hello from us! I can't wait to see you next Friday!!!!!!!!!

Kristen OQ said...

Happy Birthday -- your card may be a couple of days late from me!

Love the pictures of the girls. Looks like they are happy and adjusting well to their new life in Abilene.

We miss you guys.

elizabeth said...

I love how Kaylee talks to Campbell. She is quite the little Mother Hen which is exactly how I treated (and still treat) my little sister!

My boys were always a size ahead of where they should have been. When I started buying clothes for ME, I bought the same way. She is 18 months old and still wears her 12 month clothes! What a peanut! I guess being prepared isn't always the best way.

Jenny said...

I love that story of Kaylee talking to Campbell. What a funny girl! I bet she keeps you laughing.
jenny

Alyssa said...

I love the picture of Kaylee in her soccer shirt! It really must be the "best shirt ever"! I am so glad that your girls are adjusting so well to Abilene :) Hope you had a great birthday weekend with your family!