
I am so glad December is gone and am looking forward to some type of normal routine developing around here. We spent Christmas at my parent's house and Kaylee had a great time. She loved everything about Christmas as I usually do when I am not too exhausted to enjoy it. The lights on the houses were a real treat for her. You would have thought they had put them out just for her. Papa did of course...even though my parents just moved a month ago my Dad managed to get the lights and snowman out for Kaylee and my Mom decorated every corner of the house just for Kaylee. One night all the women went to look at Christmas lights (my Mom, me, Kaylee, Grandmother Jane,and Aunt Trudy) which is another tradition. My Mom was talking and Kaylee was trying to interrupt so Aunt Trudy said, "Kaylee say excuse me to get Nana's attention." My sweet girl replied with "But Aunt Trudy I did not do anything. I did not toot or anything!" We all laughed so hard the rest of the trip. Kaylee also enjoyed getting us to sing in the car while she was the "conductor" she said. She loved every gift and really enjoyed being the center of attention for my cousin, Aunt, Uncle, Papaw, and GG. Kaylee noticed that she got everything on her list so she said that she must have been very good this year. I am sure we are going to pay for that in the future. Her favorite gifts were her Madagascar game for her Leapster L-Max, Baby Anabelle, and the Barbie laptop computer.

The best part for Kaylee was getting to spend a few extra days with Nana and Papa while we went home to try to get the house or at least Kaylee's room together before the next event.
I also have to show Nana and Kaylee's handywork for the second year in a row. I thought they did a great job on the gingerbread house!
Notice I did not mention Campbell. She was miserable. Shortly after we moved she developed a cold and seemed to feel the worst during Christmas Eve and Day. Somehow we managed one picture of her with Cary opening a gift. She is back to normal now but I was beginning to wonder. Her favorite toy was the Fisher Price Puppy that sings and lights up. She will enjoy next year so much! After a few nights at my parents, a lot of spoiling, and shopping the after Christmas sales with my Mom which is one of my favorite traditions we were off to see Cary's family for Christmas. Kaylee had a great time playing with her cousins and opening her presents there too. Her favorite toy was a remote controlled blue truck. She loves to drive it around the house. Campbell thinks it is hilarious too! I had a good time doing a little shopping with my sister-in-laws.(and Tim too) We stayed there for two nights and were exhausted by the time we returned home. Unfortunately no elves visited our house to finish arranging and unpacking the house for me. Oh well!
My favorite part of the holidays was watching the girls together. Kaylee adores Campbell and she adores Kaylee. They are both growing so much and changing. I cannot wait to see what the next year brings for them and us too. Hope you all had a great holiday and are home safely. We miss you all!
4 comments:
I have been "stalking" you looking for more blogs since Christmas! I'm so glad there is a new one! I am really having a hard time with y'all being far away---I need daily updates on those girls of yours! (and on you and Cary too, of course.) Good luck with the settling in. I know that takes a while, especially when you've been traveling.
I can't wait to see y'all in a couple of weeks!
I'm glad you had a good Christmas! I'm so sorry Campbell was sick! Email me your phone number so we can get together - you obviously lost mine. :) leslie.mayo@acu.edu
Let's get together soon....
CUTE picture of Kaylee. I miss that little sweetie and I love the toot story. Poor little Campbell. She will have fun next year, tho. You are really gonna have to blog more now that you aren't here....I miss knowing about your family!!
Please email me your new email address.
Post a Comment