Well this past weekend consisted of Campbell and I taking turns being sick. I have to say she coped much better than I did. She has had a cold and a crusty eye for several days. I made an appointment for her on Thursday for Monday. Yes, that was the soonest they could get to me being a new patient and all. The doctor was quick and nice but it really made me miss Dr. Blair and his staff. I did not miss the drive though since my appointment was at 1:40pm and I was home by 2:10pm. (Did I mention the Doctor's office is two minutes from the house and that is if I hit the light red?) Turns out Campbell has an ear infection and a cold in her eyes so we are now on medicine. I started feeling bad on Saturday night and have just gotten worse. My throat hurts, I cough everytime I try to talk, and my neck is stiff. Enough complaining...maybe I will go to the doctor on Thursday if I am not better.
Moving on to the best news of the week!!! I got Kaylee into a pre-school at Highland Church of Christ for two days a week. Kaylee and Cary read out of her daily devotional book last night about not being bashful as she can be at times when she does not know someone and it must have worked. She walked into the classroom like she owned the place. The teachers said she was very sweet and acted like she had been there the whole year. The director even thanked me for bringing Kaylee. I have to say my heart smiled when she said that. As a parent you always want your children to behave and for people to enjoy them as you do. Thank you Lord for Kaylee's good day! She cannot wait to go back on Thursday. I am so glad she is making some friends and adjusting to our new life. I think she is adjusting better than me. i thought I would have to be strong for her but she is the strong one. She is constantly pointing out the positives about Abilene where as I sometimes only see the negative. I have a lot to learn from my sweet girl!
6 comments:
I'm so glad Kaylee likes it there! She is sooo sweet.
I hope you start to feeling better soon! I've tried calling you a couple times, but I wouldn't answer the phone either if I coughed everytime I tried to talk!
Hopefully we can get together again soon!
I know it's hard to adjust to Abilene coming from Dallas, but I think you'll get really spoiled to the little things really quick (like that great drive to the doctor!!). I don't know where you and Cary are looking for church, but my parents go to Highland (daddy's an elder) and I know they would love to meet you guys and get to know you.
I'm so sorry yall have been feeling sick, Erica. That is just no fun at all! Glad to hear that Kaylee had a great first day and they will love Kaylee as much as we all do! Have a good week ~ Amber
You sounded AWFUL today! Get in bed and heal yourself!
I'm so glad that Kaylee likes school. She will do great just about anywhere! We missed her so much Monday morning. I miss her talking to me and telling me funny little stories in the a.m. Kylie can't wait to see her again!!
So glad to hear that she is doing so well. I am worried about pulling Avery out of preschool and not being able to find her a place to make some new friends. I haven't even told her yet that we are moving.....I don't know if she really can understand it yet.
I am so glad that Kaylee started school again and is making the transition so easily. I know that is an answered prayer of yours. I missed getting to see her (and whatever cute outfit she has on) at Sunshine School on Monday.
Hope you are feeling better soon...sick baby and a sick mommy is a hard combination.
We miss seeing you guys.
Post a Comment