Image Map

May 11, 2006

Bedtime Moments

Last nigh was a rare occassion, Kaylee actually wanted me to put her in bed. Usually that is reserved for Daddy. The times she does pick me to tuck her in we have the best conversations. Her mind really goes into overdrive before bedtime. Last night she told me about the story they learned at church. Kaylee said, "We talked about Mary, Joseph, and Jesus. They went on a trip to the temple so Jesus could teach the people. Did you know that he was only 12? That's not very big huh, Mom?" I am constantly amazed by the things she remembers...even the smallest detail. From their we moved on to what she wanted to be when she grew up. She was sure to tell me there were nine jobs that she wanted to do.

1. A Vet (like Dr. Brantley...she always adds this part)
2. A Doctor (like Dr. Blair...her doctor from Dallas who is THE BEST)
3. A Mommy (The Best Job EVER)
4. Work at Bahama Bucks (where the snowcones are)
5. At the ice cream place.
6. A gift place
7. At Daddy's work
8. The Gymnastics place
9. Tha grocery store

We will see how these look to her when she is older. The best part was after we were finished. "Mom, I forgot a job." "What is that Kaylee?", I asked. "The BEST job is to just be yourself!", said Kaylee. I am constantly learning something from my precious four year old. God truly sent me a precious gift who is wise beyond her years at times. She is constantly reminding me of thing I often forget. Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

hollyfouts said...

I love talking to Avery in her bed at night (it's rare over here too....she usually wants Daddy). That really is the best time to really get in some good talks. Avery says that she either wants to drive a "dirt truck" (bulldozer or back hoe--can you tell her dad's a construction worker?) or be an artist.

Jacinda said...

My 5 1/2 year old is often older than her years as well. They can teach us alot!