Image Map

May 11, 2006

This One's for You, MOM!!

I am posting this today because I know my Mom will not check the computer over the weekend. (She is not addicted like me.)
My Mom means the world to me! Through the years our relationship has evolved from Mother to Best Friend. She has always been there for me. When I was small she was my advocate and nurturer. Her job was to keep me safe, healthy, nourished, and loved. The unconditional love is something I only fully grasped after having my own children. As I grew her role changed a little and she had to add nurse, teacher, and counselor to her job description. Whether I was fighting with my best friend or made a grade I was not happy with Mom was always there to support me. She taught me to hold my head up and always be proud of myself. I always knew I was special to her and that was all that mattered. There was never a time that my Mom was not there to support me from school plays, to dance recitals, to color guard she was there. Even after working all day she still came home and gave me 110%. My Mom even prepared me to be a wife. I learned that if you put the Lord first the rest falls into place. There is "nothing" that a little talk with the Lord and Mom won't help. I thought I learned how much my Mom sacrificed for me when I was in college but I was wrong. Now that I am a Mom I realize that you sacrifice for your children daily for the rest of your life and are more than happy to do it. My Mom prepared me for one of the Best roles in life "Mother". We talk almost daily and I look forward to it. There is an ability she has to just call and make everything all right. I call my Mom to get advice with my daughters and sometimes my attitude. I learned how to be a loyal friend and daughter from her. The way she has always taken care of her parents is something I love and admire about her. She has always loved Cary as a son. Our daughters adore her. There is nothing that she would not do for her grandchildren and we all love her for that. Even if it requires driving two hours to see her granddaughter perform for 10 minutes. She has such a giving heart to us as well as others. I look forward to the role of grandmother because you make it look so good. You are my best friend. Thank you Mom for the blessing you are to our life daily. We love you and look forward to seeing you next weekend. Happy Mother's Day!!

4 comments:

nana said...

I am still crying as I type you this big thank you.

I have to say it was so easy to be there for you because you were such a "special" daughter. God truly blessed us with you on February 1, 1974. I only wish that you and Chad would have had the opportunity to grow up togehter.

Thank you for the wonderful Mother's Day blog.

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Love,
Mom

Jacinda said...

*tears!*

mcjacobsjournal said...

What a sweet tribute to your amazing mom. I've always been able to tell that you truly do consider your mom your best friend. There's nothing better, that's for sure!

(Oh, and by the way, we'll be at Southern Hills on Mother's Day...tomorrow!! Where do you sit? Kendyll's dying to see Kaylee!)

Erica said...

Chelsea-
We do not have a set section. Kaylee does go to children's church though. I was hoping to see you at Melissa's shower this morning. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Kaylee will be thrilled!!