Image Map

May 8, 2006

Good Times!!

What a great weekend we had with the Ownbys:) All the adults even managed to have some alone time without kids too.

On Friday we all just enjoyed each others company and caught up on things going on in each of our lives. The steaks Cary cooked were great and the girls were so excited to see each other. (That includes the big girls too.) Trenton even taught Campbell how to be alone in a room without crying quite so much. It was just fun to see each other in person.


Saturday our husbands got up early to go play some golf. Steph and I fed all the children and after a little while managed to go to the zoo. It was very overcast outside but we braved it anyway. Little did I know it was Military appreciation day at the zoo. They has free food and drinks for the military families which I though was great. However we did end up having to buy the girls popcorn and drinks because of all the temptations around. When we entered the zoo I bought some animal food for the girls to have and it was a big hit with them. I think they tried to feed almost every animal at the zoo.
The favorite was the giraffe I believe because it would put its head on the bridge and eat the crackers. Trinity and Kaylee then got to discuss whether the giraffe's tongue was purple or black. After a few minutes even the giraffe got tired of the discussion and wandered off. There was a long line of kids waiting to feed the giraffe so I know they are well fed. Next we moved on to the elephants, lions, birds, and ducks. The turtles in the pond were a big thing too.
Through all of this Campbell and Trenton just enjoyed the ride in their strollers. Considering they both missed a morning nap they were amazingly happy. It is hard to believe that just yesterday we were pushing Trinity and Kaylee around like this...where does the time go? After pushing Campbell around in her old stroller I realized just why I had bough a lightweight stroller for Kaylee so long ago. Glad I have a new one ordered since the old one broke a week ago. As we were nearing the exit our husbands called to say they were done with golf and on the way home. Yeah!! That means girl time is around the corner. We took a brief trip around ACU so Trinity could see where Steph went to college and then picked up lunch for the little girls and headed back home.

Once we were home we dropped off all the kids and went to have a "girly" lunch at Under One Roof in Becker's Loft. It was fun to have some time with Steph and go in shops I do not dare take a stroller because of all the things within reach of little hands. We even managed to find a few things to buy...I know that no one can believe that. (ha,ha) It was sorta like old times when we would go to lunch and shop after ladies class. I really miss those days. After a few hours we called our husbands to meet us with the kids for some yummy Chinese food. We were all full and tired once we returned home. After bathtime we were all off to bed early so we would be ready for early church in the morning.

Here are all our children after church on Sunday. They all looked so cute!! We had a delicious lunch at Joe Allen's BBQ. Then we returned home for the little ones to nap and the rest of us to relax a little. Kaylee and Trinity had fun playing in the playroom and outside.

After the babies woke up we tried to get a picture of them in their ACU attire but it was not as successful as we had hoped. I needed a much faster camera to catch these two smiling at the same time. Maybe we will try again in another month or so when we are together. I was sad to see our sweet friends go but I am already looking forward to our next time together. Thanks for coming Ownbys. Hopefully some of our other friends will follow your lead and make the journey too. For all our friends reading this "Yes," that is a big hint to you to come see us anytime!!

8 comments:

Jacinda said...

Question: What is Stepanie's maiden name?

Erica said...

Jacinda-
Newhouse

courtney said...

Cute pictures!!

I have the EXACT same stroller....got it before Landry was born. You're right! It's so much easier to have a light-weight stroller!

Have a great week!

mcjacobsjournal said...

What a fun weekend! I'm so glad that you guys got to have good visiting time (although I wish we were there to share in it!) Those pictures are adorable!! I love getting to see those four together. It's amazing how similar in age all the kiddos are. And, it's fun to think of all of them at ACU together someday! (if Mark O. lets them go!!)

Jacinda said...

Oh my gosh! Aaahhh! That's what I was thinking but thought maybe Trinity would be older by now. I remember taking a picture of Gracie with Trinity at Homecoming a couple of years ago and I couldn't remember how close they were in age.

I was roommates with Susan, her sister-in-law! (Stephanie's brother, Jim, is married to Susan.)

I know she's about 3 years older than me and I thought you were about 2 years younger than me, so I wasn't sure about the timing of everything, but I remembered that she had a daughter named Trinity and it's such an unusual name.

Yet another blogging connection!

Kristen OQ said...

Looks like it was such a great weekend with good friends, good food, and good shopping!

Glad you guys had a nice visit

leslie said...

Very cute pictures! Glad you finally got to go to the zoo!
I promise James and I will go on a date soon (Lord knows we need it), and we'll give you a call!!

Erica said...

Jacinda-
Steph and I got to be best friends while we were at Prestoncrest CofC together. We were in class and small group together. They lived about 8 minutes from our house in Sachse. Our husbands are best friends. Our girls were born within a few months of each other and our second children were three weeks apart. We even had the same OB both times. So that is our connection.
I ,of course, saw Susan a lot while we were living in Dallas at Birthday parties and such. She is a sweetheart! I remeber going to your house in college for a "visit" when I was pledging. I saw Nicole not long ago. Her children are so cute. It is funny what a small world blogging turns out to be.