Well another weekend has come and gone. The delay in posting is due to the fact I have been fighting my sinuses and that is also the reason for no new pictures. Unfortunately I started feeling bad on Thursday night so for the rest of the weekend I was no where near 100%.
We had a great time in Waco with my parents and grandfather despite the fact. Friday we went to lunch then up to my Mom's work to see all of her sweet friends. Kaylee always enjoys that but who would not enjoy being told how pretty you are over and over and getting some treats. The big treat is for Kaylee to get something out of the vending machine which requires a lot of thought on her part. Nana always has to wait patiently for her decision. Campbell was not too sure of all the people but was fine as long as Mom or Dad had her. Later that afternoon Nana and I took Kaylee to see Over the Hedge which had just come out. I do not know who was more excited me or Kaylee. I do not remember being in a movie theatre since before Campbell was born which was a year ago almost. The movie was okay...it will not be a classic. However the popcorn and drink were super. Campbell enjoyed some time alone with Daddy and later a little spoiling from Papa and PaPaw. She absolutely adores those two men. It is so sweet to watch her with my grandfather. Memories to treasure that is for sure.
Saturday evening Cary and I even got to go to a movie that was free thanks to my sweet parents. We chose to see Mission Impossible III and it was great!! Even with all the couch jumping in the past few months Tom Cruise still had the energy to pull off all the stunts and action. It was one of the cleanest movies I have seen in the past few years that was not a cartoon. I recommend going to see it if you like action. Later that evening Aunt Trudy came by to stay the night and visit. The girls loved having her attention...especially Kaylee. (Kaylee was a little disappointed that Uncle Don and Duncan did not come though.)
Sunday we went to church and I got to visit with Lauren and Elizabeth. James is even more precious in person. It was so nice to visit and catch up on things for a few minutes. After church we headed back to the "home front" a little tired but happy about the weekend. Kaylee had three new movies to watch and Campbell had a new baby doll to love. I even got a new purse and some jewelry. What lucky girls are we!! You may not hear from me again this week because I will be getting ready for our friends the Frenches to come visit over the weekend.
4 comments:
Sorry you haven't been feeling well!! Fun that you are having more friends come see you though!!
I hate that we were in the same town and didn't see each other! Have fun with the Frenches this weekend -- and get to feeling better.
I'm glad you had fun at your parents. Give your mom a shout-out for me!
I bet y'all will have so much fun this weekend. I can't wait until we get to come and see you!!
It was so good to see you Sunday! Your girls are so adorable! I'm enjoying catching up on your blog, now that I'm feeling like I'm getting into a better routine. Thanks for your advice on my blog! I have been so torn about the decision, have prayed about it, and have talked to as many people as possible about it, and I've decided not to do it. I was so worried about the commitment of a year, wouldn't be getting paid very much at all, and wanted to enjoy having just one while I can. I don't know her that well, but it's going to be hard to tell her today! I really appreciate you taking the time to write your thoughts about it. Oh, and just a reminder to email me your address. It's lauren.(lastname)@gmail.com. Thanks!
Post a Comment