Image Map

July 16, 2006

Birthday Weekend

It has just been a nice weekend. It has been a while since we have really had nothing to do so it was good to rest some. Notice I said "some". Cary was suppose to go fishing on Friday and Saturday with some guys from church but decided not to after considering heat and having to drive by himself since his friend Lance could not go at the last minute due to work. So instead of fishing on Saturday Cary worked on his old car (yes, it made the move), put latches on some of the cabinets to keep Campbell out, and mowed the yard. I think he should have gone fishing. I went to Sam's and Wal-Mart with Kaylee in the mean time and Campbell took a long nap. After returning home Lyndy called to see if I wanted to go to a movie with her...of course. We saw the Lake House which I thought was very good. It was so nice to just enjoy an adult movie with a good friend. Since I got home at 9:30pm Cary and I decided to watch Two for the Money that I had rented on Friday. It was pretty good, but anything with Matthew McConaughey is never bad.

Today we have enjoyed church and My Sweet Husband's 30th Birthday!! I can finally say we are both in our thirties. I cooked roast for lunch so we could have a quiet family meal at home. Of course, Kaylee helped me pick out a cake yesterday at the store for her Daddy and was very upset with me when I did not get the Bakery to put "Happy Birthday Daddy Love, Kaylee Nicole Beard". I thought that was too funny. I tried to explain that all those words would not fit but there are times when you cannot reason with a four year old. I think by the time we got home she had forgiven me though. Anyway the cake was delicious. It was great just to be together on Cary's special day. Of course the girls enjoyed it almost as much as Cary I think.

Kaylee loved helping Daddy blow out the candles.

Campbell enjoyed the cake...my baby has one sweet tooth just like her Big Sister and Daddy:)


Well I am now going to mop the floor from Campbell's fun and watch a sappy Lifetime movie while the girls are sleeping. Cary is reading his birthday present which was Jamie Newberg's Baseball books he publishes each year about the Rangers and their season. The 1999-2006 editions should keep my husband busy reading for a while.

Cary-
Happy Birthday!! Thanks for being such a wonderful husband and father to our precious girls.
I cannot wait to celebrate many more milestone birthdays with you. We love you more than words for the Christian example you are each day and for just being you.

~Your Three Girls~

I am so excited Blogger actually let me post three pictures!

9 comments:

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday, Cary!!! It looks like you guys had a great weekend~ I can't believe we are all 30 :) Time flies, doesn't it???

courtney said...

Erica, so sweet! What nice words for your husband!

I love that Kaylee wanted her full name on Cary's cake....sounds like Landry!!

Amber Smith said...

Kaylee cracks me up! What a precocious little girl you have! I also saw The Lake House with my sis the other day. LOVED that movie! I think it was Sandra's best work since While You Were Sleeping. And a good sappy lifetime movie....you can't beat that!

Ashley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARY! We love you guys!

Traci said...

Happy Birthday, Cary!

Erica, you always know how to make someone feel special. I also LOVE the pictures.

Kylie REALLY misses Kaylee!!

Kristen OQ said...

Happy Birthday Cary! I join the club in just 2 weeks.

I want to go see the Lake House soon -- glad you enjoyed it!

Lisa Renee said...

Hi Erica... I don't know if you remember me or not but we used to attend P.C. until moving out this way. We apparently have A LOT of friends in common b/c I see your name a lot on comments on lots of blogs I read. You and your girls are beautiful, well I guess Cary too :) Sounds like he had a great birthday. I know some people in your town that may or may not go to church with..... was Cary's friend Lance Tolar by any chance? Also the Copelands- Kristy and Jason. Jason is now the BB coach there at ACU. Anyhow, just thought I would stop by and say hi.

mcjacobsjournal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARY!! You three girls sure made it special for him! What a lucky daddy and hubby he is. I'm glad you had a fun weekend with good time for movies! That's my favorite thing by far. I'll have to check out The Lake House, since I've never even heard of it, and apparently I'm the only one... :)

Erica said...

Meredith-

I actually got them for a wedding gift 8 years ago. They were from Jan's Perfect Presents in Waco. Sorry I am not much help. Good luck finding what you need. I am glad you are in business again. I need you in Abilene though.