On Monday I was sitting playing with the kids and the phone rang. On the other end was one of my bridesmaids and best friends from college Angie. I knew that her family lived here and had seen her a few times at PC but we had lost touch...one of the things I do not like about leaving college. She had seen in the ACU Today that we had moved to Abilene so she decided to look us up while she was in town visiting family. It was so good to hear her voice and catch up a little on the phone. We enjoyed it so much that I called her back to book a dinner date with her. It was so much fun to talk at Chilis and find out what we had both been doing over the past few years. There is something to treasure about the friends that you can not talk to every day, month, or even year and still pick up where you left off. I think some others have blogged about this in the past week and it is so true. This is definitely on the list of treasures I have gotten from the move here. I am looking forward to getting together often now when she is in town to talk, laugh, and just enjoy time together.
Thanks for calling Angie, Love ya:)
No comments:
Post a Comment