Well the girls and I made a quick trip to Waco on Tuesday to surprise Nana for her Birthday. On the way we passed the movie theatre and Kaylee said,"I think Nana would like to take me to a movie for her Birthday". We will see. Then we continued on our journey. The look on her face when we walked through the door of her work was worth all the stops we had to make on the way. After making the rounds at her office and seeing all of her sweet friends Nana made a quick exit for the rest of the day at the urging of her co-workers. She really works with the most amazing people:) We went to Jason's Deli and Papa met us there so he could see the girls too. After Papa's afternoon appointment was cancelled the girls got to spend the afternoon with both of them while I ran a few Birthday errands. As soon as I walked in the door Nana and Kaylee left to go see The Wild, Kaylee sure knows how to get Nana to do anything for her. I am sure that My Mom had that at the top of the list for her Birthday. While Nana and Kaylee were gone Papa, Great PaPaw , Campbell, and I had fun playing and talking. That night we all went to Cotton Patch for a Birthday dinner. Poor Campbell who will only nap in her bed went to sleep in the car on the way. As soon as we entered the restaurant she popped that head up though and was ready to eat. Needless to say after a quick bath I had two girls that were ready for the bed.
Kaylee and Nana had a funny conversation on the way home from dinner and it went something like this...Nana, "Kaylee why are you sad?" Kaylee, "You are going to go to heaven soon and I do not want you to leave yet because I love you." Nana, "I do not think I am going anywhere right now." Kaylee, "I think you are." ( with a very sad face) Later that night Kaylee and I had a little talk. Me, "Kaylee why do you think Nana is going to Heaven soon?" Kaylee, "Well every year she gets older and when you get old you get sick and tha only way to make you well is to go to Heaven and be with God." Me, "Kaylee we never know when God is going to call us home to be with him but it is a happy place and our family will be there too." Kaylee, "That's good Mom." I never know what is going to come out of that sweet little mouth of hers. A lot of times like today I am amazed:)
On Wednesday We enjoyed some time with Nana and Great Papaw before Nana had to go to work. She even went to Burger King and got Kaylee some Cini Minis for breakfast. A little before lunch Papa came home bringing Lunch from McDonalds for the girls and Burger King for us. Right after lunch we began the journey home. What a great 24 hour trip!
On the way home I noticed the hospitality of the country. On the drive from Abilene to Waco you are on a highway that consists of two lanes. It is nice to see all the farmland and realize that there still are open plains and rolling hills. Living in Dallas you feel like every inch of land is being used and we are running out of space. It was nice to be reminded of the country. (Not that I do not love every inch of Dallas when it comes to shopping.) Also you pass cars and they wave at you, therefore you have to drive at all times with one hand on top of the steerring wheel to be able to wave. Something about that is comforting. The best is to see an old farm truck or tractor with an older gentleman in it and know that they have farmed their whole lives and have such a sweet way about them. It is also nice to have people pull over to let you pass. I suggest a little drive in the country to make you relax and see the beauty anytime. There are a lot of cute Texas towns off the beaten path. Just a little bit of hospitality in the country.
2 comments:
I went to Jason's Deli with a friend on Tuesday and saw you in the back! You were gone by the time I had paid for my meal. Sounds like you had a great time!
The first time I ever saw someone pull over onto the side of the road to let us pass was in Texas. They certainly do not do that in Atlanta!
Post a Comment