Kaylee got back from a few days of spoiling with my parents and grandfather last Saturday. She managed to talk Papa into going to see CARS with her on Wednesday and they both had a lot of fun. Kaylee said they got all kids of treats to eat while watching the movie. I love watching the two of them together...it really takes me back to when I was small. I believe it was the next day when she talked Nana and Great PaPaw into going to see Ice Age the Meltdown. Nana said she and Great PaPaw had fun laughing at each other and the movie. I would have given anything to have been there to watch them. I remember doing so many things with my grandparents like vacations, getting picked up for an ice cream treat, and just being the center of their attention for a while. It is nice to have Great PaPaw around for the girls to enjoy too. Another day I called and Kaylee and Nana were going swimming at a friend's house. I would love to know how she got Nana to get in the pool. I suppose with her all it takes is a little begging from the right person. Nana also informed me that Kaylee would not get anything for herself unless they got something for Campbell too even though Campbell was not there. I think someone adores her sister. The feeling is mutual though. After lunch on Saturday at the Dairy Queen we went back home to get some rest before a week of church and VBS started.
The VBS here started on Sunday night and was every night through Wednesday. Kaylee had so much fun! They studied the story of Bethlahem. She was a little confused as the why they heard the same story every night when she could remember it. I thought that was too funny. .
One of her favorite things they did was the stick horse races. She said that she beat everyone that she raced. I think she gets her competitive streak from her Daddy which is good most of the time. She is also very determined which I think comes from me and is good most of the time too. As you can see in the picture she is running her little heart out.
The next thing she talked about was the Marketplace and making things in the different booths. Her favorites were the wooden hammer, the colorful star shown in the picture, and her leather headband also seen in the picture. Each day she woke up excited to go back. I pray that she never looses her zest and love for the Lord. What a wonderful few days for her. She remindes me each day that the Lord blessed us with each other and our family. So sweet:)Before VBS wednesday night some of my friends and I went to the park for Dorothy's 30th Birthday. Her husband was out of town so we let the kids play while we talked a little and ate some pizza and cupcakes. All the kids had a wonderful time and I actually found a park in Abilene with shade so you do not burn up. We will definitely be visiting this park again.
On Thursday Kaylee had her last gymnastics lesson for the summer but will start again in the fall. It is so fun to see her trying to learn everything while she is there. Campbell has done really well too considering she justs sits with me and watches for the hour Kaylee is performing. You are allowed to leave them but I wanted her to get use to the surroundings and teachers first. I may leave to get a drink next year we will see.
Last week went by so fast...I cannot wait to see what this week brings.
2 comments:
I can't wait to see you next weekend! I'll be sad not to see the girls, but we'll have a great fun KID FREE weekend!
I love you.
Honey
Sounds like Kaylee had fun at VBS. Loved her comment about them teaching the kids the same story every night! (Telling the same story every night doesn't make sense to me either.) I hope you guys have a wonderful week.
Post a Comment