Yes, you are reading this correctly I am finally blogging about the weekend. Well my parents came to Abilene on Friday afternoon so Cary and I could enjoy a kid free weekend with our precious friends. Luckily the Ownbys had shipped their children to grandparents too so we really did get to visit without interruptions.
My main goal on Saturday was to find fabric for curtains in three of our rooms in the new house and since Interior Alternatives was having a sale it was the perfect time. (The boys goal was to play as much golf as possible before dinner.) The best part is my sweet friend Stephanie is going to make them for me. She and I had so much fun going to the fabric stores. I even managed to get fabric for two of the rooms. Of course before any fabric shopping started we went to Super Target for shopping and Starbucks since I have been having withdrawals. Then we fit in lunch at Snuffers which appeased my cheese fry craving for now.(I am sure the 15 pounds I have lost is back now but well worth it.) We ended the shopping with a trip to Kohl's and a wonderful spa pedicure after being on our feet all day. The hot stones they use are Heavenly and I think my girl gave me an extra long leg massage. Saturday night I had arranged to get couples from our small group together for a late Birthday celebration for Cary. We went to P.F. Changs and sat with women on one end of the table and men on the other. The food was delicious especially my mongolian beef! It was so nice to be able to talk without distractions. Once dinner was over my sweet friend Amy asked us all to come over for cake and games. Of course we just ended up talking till midnight and laughing at the silly things in life. When we returned to the Ownbys to sleep I kept thinking that it was so nice to be "home" even if it was just for a little bit.
Sunday we went to church and got to see a lot of our precious friends in class. I expected to feel a little out of place since it has been a while but I did not. We sat in our usual back row seats and enjoyed the lesson. Good job Chris:) After church we went to La Hacienda Ranch with the Kniffens, Ownbys, and Mike before heading back to Abilene. It was so nice to catch up with them too. Their precious girl had gotten so big and with another baby on the way it just seems like time has flown. It was a great weekend with life long friends.
We were greeted by the girls when we got home. They were so excited to see us both. My parents even appeared to be in one piece and not look too tired. I am so glad we all had a good weekend.
2 comments:
Hate that I missed seeing you guys at church this weekend. Sounds like it was a fun Dallas trip!
That sounds like such a great weekend with old friends. I am so glad you had fun and only a little bit jealous. :)
Post a Comment